Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?

 You know, I was going to write an essay about the Barbie movie

I am pretty close to deciding that I don't need to spend $8 or more (plus gasoline), 3 hours, and some brain cells looking at pink (only pretty in its natural settings) silliness. 

Therefore, I think I will also save the time writing this trying to explain why I probably won't see it unless it comes on YouTube and I'm too tired to do anything else. 

Some are talking about it like it's the most profound art of the summer and an insightful exploration of sexual power dynamics. I have enough problems already. And I watched the other half of Barbenheimer already, Oppenheimer (it is brilliant except for the unnecessary and nauseating sex, which I guess was put in there to show what a womanizer he was).  I've already spent my 3 hours on movies for the summer. 

Oh, and three on Sound of Freedom, but that was obligatory. And worth it; despite the controversies (ginned up by media that will attack anything remotely Christian), it was very well made. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept