Something I am Tired Of--and one more (added March 19)

 People trying to make the pandemic have good sides to it. 

I was watching a public television show about the Sand Hill Cranes festival. For those who don't live in this area, north of Chattanooga (Birchwood, TN), these cranes migrate and and land in a spot near the Tennessee River in January. It's quite a site to see them in large, large flocks land and rest. Interestingly, the location is near the starting point of the Trail of Tears. 

Apparently in 2021 they decided to only do it virtually. I am not sure why. By then, things were opening up and the event is outside, but they do have indoor activities to support it. Obviously, this is a boon to the local community. But an older woman spoke on the documentary about how things change and we have to adapt to it. 

Another case: my online class (taught for University System) have to write about how the pandemic has changed communication and the workplace. The primary thing: we can work remotely and have more freedom that way. 

Now, does anyone remember that 1,184,376 people died? That 6,880,585 were hospitalized? How horrible it was for those families and hospital workers? 

We are too shallow to mourn. We have to amuse ourselves to death; we cannot lament as a society. 

And if that weren't enough whining....

I received a text from the Trump campaign (they do not stop even though I text them to) saying that my failure to respond to their texts was going to hurt his campaign. 

And the problem is??? (That said, do not assume I support Joe Biden. I am flummoxed by politics right now.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kallman's Syndrome: The Secret Best Kept

Do I Really Have to See the Barbie Movie?